Franco Vallejo-Garcia, MD
I am endocrinology fellow at the NYU School of Medicine. I worked as a general practitioner for three years in Colombia and moved to US to continue my medical training. Passionate for a healthy lifestyle, obesity and weight management.
- Fellowship, NYU School of Medicine, Endocrinology & Metabolism, to be completed 2019
- Residency, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, MS West & MS St Luke’s, 2017.
- MD from Universidad Libre, Cali, Colombia, 2009
- General Practitioner, Hospital Geriátrico San Miguel, Cali, Colombia, 2009 – 2010.
- General Practitioner, Grupo Cardiovascular de Occidente, Cali, Colombia, 2011- 2012.
Publications and Abstracts
Akankasha Tiwari Goyal, MD
Originally from India, I moved to US to pursue my medical education. I completed a three-year residency in Internal Medicine at Jacobi Medical Center and then an academically oriented fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center. At Einstein, I realized that my research interests lay in diabetes physiology, and began a series of metabolic physiology studies (“clamp” studies) in humans to examine mechanisms of insulin resistance via in-vivo tracer kinetics studies and adipose tissue dysfunction. My current work relates to the impact of Vitamin D repletion and resveratrol administration on insulin sensitivity and adipose tissue inflammation in obese, insulin-resistant individuals.
I joined the Division of Endocrinology at NYU Langone Medical Center in November 2016 and have setup Diabetes Biobank as part of the Center for Metabolic Health. This will allow us to have better understanding of the molecular mechanisms of diabetes, enable identification of individuals at highest risk, lead to risk stratification, and development of more targeted preventive measures. Clinically, I am also working to build a Type 1 diabetes clinic at the NYULMC and examine the pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes, its complications and hypoglycemia unawareness.
Education and Training
Fellowship. Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism - Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Residency. Internal Medicine - Jacobi Medical Center
Andrew Parziale, MD
My focus since medical school has been on clinical medicine -- methods to enhance the quality of care delivered to patients, and patient education. Within endocrinology, my interest is in obesity/weight management which lends itself to motivation interviewing and interactive patient education. I will be providing weight management consultations under the supervision of Dr. José Alemán at the Manhattan VA, and performing research on the use readiness assement tools to predict and enhance patient outcomes.
Education and Training
- Fellowship, NYU School of Medicine, Endocrinology & Metabolism, to be completed 2018
- Chief Resident, Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 2016
- Residency, Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 2015
- M.D. Drexel University College of Medicine, 2012
- B.S. Biological Sciences, Drexel University, 2007
Migdalia Reid, RN, BSN, MPH, CCRC
I am a Certified Clinical Research Coordinator and Registered Nurse. My experience includes eight years working on National Institute of Health sponsored Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes research studies, as well as investigator initiated studies at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Additionally I worked for four years in the NIH funded study of “Vitamin D and Osteoporosis Prevention in Elderly African American Women” at Winthrop-University Hospital. At Rockefeller University Hospital I collaborated with colleagues across the country and Puerto Rico in the Epidermolysis Bullosa rare disease registry.
- Hunter College, CUNY Master of Public Health
- Hunter College, CUNY Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
- Registered Professional Nurse
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses
Research Technician / Lab Manager
I am the research tech and lab manager for the Alemán lab. My research experience includes work in chemical biology and radiation oncology as an undergraduate.
- Rutgers University, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, 2013